The Birthplace of Disappointment
If you were to have a conversation with a friend right now, would you be able to say that everything in your life has turned out the way you expected it would? Probably not. Life happens, and even though your expectations might have been realistic, your reality lends you to wonder...
Why this? Why now? Why me?
So, where does disappointment come from? And why, as God’s children, do we wonder if our God really is a good God with good plans for our life?
In this episode of the Proverbs 31 Ministries Podcast, Lysa TerKeurst gives a message on this hard topic based on her newest book, It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered.
Whether you’re in the middle of a disappointment, or fearing one is lurking right around the corner, you’ll discover…
- Trusting God with the outcome of your story is a crucial lesson to learn in order to navigate disappointments.
- When you keep your eyes on Him, your joy doesn’t have to depend on a person, place or circumstances being made right.
- If your story isn’t turning out the way you thought it would, God will show you an even more glorious story that can be written.
To read the transcript for this episode click here.
- It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way by Lysa TerKeurst is available now wherever books are sold! Purchase your copy today at p31bookstore.com.
- Check out our exclusive It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way resources to use as a reminder of finding unexpected strength in your everyday life.