The Economy Is Not a Machine
How the drive for efficiency leads to greater wealth concentration and threatens capitalism. What can be done about it.
Topics covered include:
- Why income growth has slowed for the middle class
- Why the economy now follows a power-law distribution rather than a normal distribution, leading to skewed outcomes
- Why the economy is a complex adaptive system rather than a machine
- How the type of job you have and the company you work for affects your income
- Why greater efficiency increases the risk of catastrophic collapses
- What are ways to balance efficiency with resiliency
For more information on this episode click here.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store