The Energy Paradox with Dr Steven Gundry
Dr Steven Gundry, one of the world's top cardiothoracic surgeons, a pioneer in nutrition, and the medical director at the International Heart and Lung Institute for Restorative Medicine, joins the show to talk about his book, The Energy Paradox: What to Do When Your Get-Up-and-Go Has Got Up and Gone.
Today, Gundry shares what the Energy Paradox is and why we are always tired. We discuss chronic low energy, energy expenditure studies of the Hadzas in Tanzania, why our gut makes us have low energy, and ways to boost our energy.
We talk about:
- What is the Energy Paradox
- Chronic low energy / inflammation
- 3 L’s of chronic inflammation
- Gundry’s thoughts on plant-based diets
- Energy boosting
- Gundry’s #1 tip for energy