The FDA Commissioner on Boosters & Vaccines for Kids (with Dr. Janet Woodcock)
As we await the FDA’s final decision on booster shots, Andy talks with the person tasked with making the final determination: Acting FDA Commissioner Dr. Janet Woodcock. Only on In the Bubble will you get a chance to hear how she’s approaching this decision, how close we are to vaccines for kids under 12, and more from the person in charge at the Food and Drug Administration.
Keep up with Andy on Twitter @ASlavitt and Instagram @andyslavitt.
Follow Dr. Woodcock @DrWoodcockFDA on Twitter.
Joining Lemonada Premium is a great way to support our show and get bonus content. Subscribe today at bit.ly/lemonadapremium.
Support the show by checking out our sponsors!
- Click this link for a list of current sponsors and discount codes for this show and all Lemonada shows: https://lemonadamedia.com/sponsors/
- Throughout the pandemic, CVS Health has been there, bringing quality, affordable health care closer to home—so it’s never out of reach for anyone. Learn more at cvshealth.com.
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Read more about the FDA advisory panel’s decision to recommend boosters for people over 65 and others at high risk: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/17/us/fda-pfizer-booster-covid.html
- Check out the latest FDA info about COVID-19: https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/counterterrorism-and-emerging-threats/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
- Here is The Lancet article written by two departing FDA regulators who oppose boosters: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)02046-8/fulltext
- Find a COVID-19 vaccine site near you: https://www.vaccines.gov/
- Order Andy’s book, Preventable: The Inside Story of How Leadership Failures, Politics, and Selfishness Doomed the U.S. Coronavirus Response: https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781250770165
Stay up to date with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia.
For additional resources, information, and a transcript of the episode, visit lemonadamedia.com/show/inthebubble.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.