The Freeze Dried Trend with Janna Newcomb Walworth
Janna Newcomb Walworth of Choctaw, OK sells freeze-dried foods with her cottage food business, Janna’s Freeze Dried.
Since the pandemic, freeze-dried foods (especially freeze-dried candy) have become a big cottage food trend.
Janna bought her first freeze dryer in 2020 to help preserve her family’s food, but little did she know that it would turn into a thriving business!
Soon people were asking to buy her products, stores started asking to sell them, and demand has organically grown to the point where she now has 5 freeze dryers, which cost a few thousand dollars each!
Janna has become pretty obsessed with freeze drying anything and everything, and as you’ll see, it’s paid off in a big way.
What You’ll Learn
- How freeze drying works
- The advantages of freeze dried food
- Some of the most unique things you can freeze dry
- Items that you can’t freeze dry
- Janna’s best-selling freeze-dried items
- How to use a freeze dryer
- Whether or not you should buy a freeze dryer
- The challenge of pricing freeze dried products
- Why it’s essential to offer product samples
- Why the freeze dried food trend is unlikely to end
Recommended Facebook Groups:
A lot of entrepreneurs still think they need to spend money to get a good website, and that is simply not true anymore.
Get full show notes and transcript here: https://forrager.com/podcast/93