The Goal Isn’t Happy Children :: Cynthia Yanof - Summer of Mentorship - Wk 6 [Ep 419]
How do you give your kids independence? At what stage do you let kids try and fail?
At the heart of parenting is this job: to give our kids the skills they need to live without us. We know that and we still might spend hours in their rooms trying to help them get to sleep or keeping up with their gym clothes or assignments. We bring our own fears or suppositions about the future to bear on their freedoms. Sometimes this is wise, but sometimes we must stop and watch what God is doing in their lives through difficulty.
We’re taking time this summer (as usual) to be mentored by an experienced mom and benefit from her wisdom. Bonus! My guest for these 6 weeks is both wise AND funny. Join me for conversations with wife, mom, author, and podcaster Cynthia Yanof. We’ll answer some listener questions, share our experiences, and laugh a lot.
Connect with Cynthia Yanof:
- Website: https://cynthiayanof.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cynthia.yanof
- Instagram: @cynthiayanof
- Podcast: MESSmerized
- Freeing your Adolescents to Step Into Adulthood - Ages and Stages - Teens :: Dr. Ken Wilgus [Ep 382]
- Doubt, Questions and Your Teen’s Growing Faith :: Mary Jo Sharp [Ep 375]
- Life-Giving Faith in Every Circumstance :: Lisa Appelo :: Summer of Mentorship - Wk 2
- Priscilla Shirer Speaking Over her Boys http://www.goingbeyond.com/blog/gods-word-spoken-over-our-children/
The Global Munchkins on Instagram
- Find links to this week’s sponsors and unique promo codes at dontmomalone.com/sponsors.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store