The Grace Of The Cross
The cross of Christ is not a dreary, devastation, miserable thing. It
comes with grace and a joy that sets us free from this Adamic nature
that separated us from God and returns a fellowship with Him.
• No one can just say, I am going to have a cross experience today
• It is all about the Word, and it is by that Word that one will
experience the cross.
• There are some who will refuse to experience the cross.
John 1:1, 14 NKJV
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
14. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we
beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,
full of grace and truth.
1 John 3:2 NASB
Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as
yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be
like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.
Ephesians 5:26 NASB 1977
that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of
water with the word,
Philippians 3:18 ESV
For many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even
with tears, walk as enemies of the cross of Christ.
Hebrews 12:1, 2 NIV
1. Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of
witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that
so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race
marked out for us,
2. fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For
the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame,
and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Psalms 51:4 DRB
To thee only have I sinned, and have done evil before thee: that
thou mayst be justified in thy words and mayst overcome when
thou art judged.
Mark 9:24 BLB
Immediately the father of the child, having cried out, was saying,
"I believe; help my unbelief!"
• God's taking what we have and going deeper with it
• the only way of effective change is by seeing Him
• this has to be a walk of grace and mercy from the Lord
The purpose of the cross is to remove all that will hinder one from
running the race, as mentioned in Hebrews, He wants to have a close
relationship with each of us and removing the deeds of the flesh is a
method this happens.