The Heart Of A Servant Part-1
Peter, do you love me? Tend My lambs, Shepherd My sheep, Tend My
sheep from John 21 gives the heart of Jesus for Peter to be a servant.
The seven chosen in Acts 6 are examples for us also.
• Humbling ourselves and knowing His love is the beginning of
being a servant.
• “We were born to serve Your servants Lord.”
• It is not in our human nature to be a true servant, we need help.
Philippians 2:7 NASB
but emptied Himself by taking the form of a
bondservant and being born in the likeness of men.
John 13:4, 5 NLT
4. So he got up from the table, took off his robe, wrapped a towel
around his waist,
5. and poured water into a basin. Then he began to wash the
disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel he had around him.
Deuteronomy 15:12-18 NKJV
The story of the awl through the ear.
1 John 4:19 ASV
We love because he first loved us.
Acts 6, 7, 8
The Seven deacons chosen; Stephen and Philip
Romans 1:1 WNT
Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called to be an Apostle, set
apart to proclaim God's Good News,
1 Samuel 16:7 NIV
But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance
or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at
the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance,
but the LORD looks at the heart.”
• Humility is a key to a servant
• It takes a lot of love to serve
• The Father sent His son to lay down His life
• They don’t have anything really driving them except for their love for the Lord.
Would you like to take care of the lions, the bears and Goliaths in the
lives of those around you? Ask the Father to show you how to love
with His love, to be that servant that can give that same love that was
given to you for others.