The Heart Of A True Prophet Part 2
Can a prophet be a woman? Consider Deborah in Judges 4
How can one tell if another is a prophet or not? Try or prove them.
Next to their relationship with the Lord is the compassion for the
people they carry in their hearts.
• First and foremost a prophet has a close relationship with the
Lord, knows His voice and spends most of their time in His
• A true prophet hears and speaks only what the Lord says to them.
• The prophet carries the presence of the Lord with them.
1 John 4:1 KJV
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they
are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the
Ephesians 4:11 NASB
And He gave some as apostles, some as prophets,
some as evangelists, some as pastors and teachers,
Judges chapters 4 and 5
The story and song of Deborah
1 Samuel 16:7 ISV
The LORD told Samuel, "Don't look at his appearance or his
height, for I've rejected him. Truly, God does not see what man
sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD
sees the heart."
• Do they really care about the people?
• He is imparting the heart of the Father
• The prophet sees what natural people do not see
• He can’t help but change everybody just because of who he is.
Try and prove those who say they are prophets; do they care for the
people? Is there compassion? You will know them by their fruits.