The Impact of a Toothbrush - Joe & Niamh, Bambooth
It's finally time to talk toothbrushes! In this episode, as part of Plastic Free July, I chat to Joe & Niamh about what inspired them to set up Bambooth, an Irish bamboo toothbrush company. "Every year, 3.5 billion toothbrushes are used, at least. And every toothbrush that's ever been used, still exists today."
Check out www.bookofleavespodcast.com for more links and if you can, please support this podcast at www.patreon.com/bookofleaves or share it with a friend!
- (06:15 ) An introduction to Niamh & Joe.
- (10:00 ) What is was like becoming entrepreneurs all of a sudden.
- (11:40 ) How toothbrushes have been bad for the planet.
- (12:50 ) The moso bamboo that's used.
- (14:05 ) The nylon bristles & how to recycle them.
- (19:10 ) How often you should be changing your toothbrush!
- (20:05 ) Why the toothbrushes are colourful!
- (24:00 ) How hard it is to get stock into bigger shops & chain supermarkets.
- (27:20 ) How they find the time and energy to run Bambooth with their other jobs & courses.
- (30:10 ) What Joe & Niamh do outside of Bambooth to live more eco friendly.
- Dirty Business documentary on plastic being sent abroad.
- Blue Planet.
- Drowning in Plastic documentary.
- Jane Goodall Institute.
- Coral Reef Alliance.
- Marine Conservation Society.
- Plastic Oceans.