The Intersection of AI, IoT, and Blockchain
Fear can cause people to hoard. Blockchain would allow transparency that could alleviate those fears. Understanding the trivergance of AI, IoT, and Blockchain can transform your thinking even for those resistant to change.
Today’s guest is Don Tapscott. Don is one of the world’s leading authorities on the impact of technology on business and society having authored 16 widely read books, including the global bestseller Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin is Changing Money, Business, and the World, now translated into 20 different languages. He is currently Co-Founder & Executive Chairman of the Blockchain Research Institute, an Adjunct Professor at INSEAD, recently a two-term Chancellor of Trent University in Ontario and Member of The Order of Canada.
- [1:22 ] - Don shares his professional background, career, and work as an author.
- [2:55 ] - The Blockchain Research Institute researches how industries are affected by blockchain technology.
- [4:41 ] - Don and Chris think back to the earlier days of the internet.
- [7:02 ] - This new generation of technology represents a new paradigm.
- [8:04 ] - What is happening in Congress at the moment that could change everything about the industry?
- [11:35 ] - New paradigms create a crisis in leadership. Don’s life work has been to find leaders who embrace the shift.
- [13:12 ] - We view this current time as the second era of the internet. What is different from the previous era?
- [14:23 ] - We are moving from an internet of information to an internet of value.
- [15:21 ] - People hoard out of fear and this impacts supply chains.
- [17:09 ] - Blockchain can be a solution for health records. Many people consider it a problem due to lack of understanding.
- [18:25 ] - Blockchain gives people the control to manage their transparency.
- [20:29 ] - It takes time for us as a society to figure things out. What is the future of blockchain?
- [22:19 ] - Don is speaking at an event about the vision of how industries will be changed by blockchain.
- [24:43 ] - Don references years past when CEOs didn’t type because that was a secretary’s job. It took time to change and it will take time to make these changes as well.
- [26:06 ] - There are industries that will be very resistant to change.
- [26:51 ] - On the Blockchain Research Institute’s website, there are reports on various industries.
Thanks for joining us on Easy Prey. Be sure to subscribe to our podcast on iTunes and leave a nice review.
Links and Resources:
- Podcast Web Page
- Facebook Page
- Easy Prey on Instagram
- Easy Prey on Twitter
- Easy Prey on LinkedIn
- Easy Prey on YouTube
- Easy Prey on Pinterest
- Don Tapscott Web Page
- Men In Suits Music Web Page
- Blockchain Research Institute Web Page
- Don Tapscott on Facebook
- Don Tapscott on Twitter
- Don Tapscott on Instagram
- Don Tapschott on LinkedIn
- Books by Don Tapscott