The Intersection of Comedy and Transformation
Today we’re talking with Kyle Cease, a New York Times Best Selling author who has the unique gift of being able to merge comedy and personal transformation.
He’s what would happen if Eckhart Tolle and Jim Carrey had a baby!
Kyle believes that “for us to really grow, we almost have to let go of everything—and that less effort equals more magic.”
In other words, if we surrender a little more and take more of what Gay calls "Big Leaps," we can transcend the parts of us that are creating out of fear and instead create amazing things.
Mike is a huge fan of stand-up comedy, so he asked Kyle what his thoughts were on the evolution of comedy—plus what his creative process is.
The answers he gave were so different from what Mike thought they were going to be.
You'll also hear how Kyle managed to get himself a gig at the Dolby Theater (the theater they hold the Oscars in!) That and a lot more in this episode…
- Kyle describes exactly what he does and his Evolving Out Loud Events (03:32 )
- Kyle tells Mike and Gay about his first Big Leap (07:02 )
- From full-blown stage fright and panic attacks to complete transformation (10:00 )
- Kyle explains the 2 different voices that we all have (17:42 )
- Mike asks Kyle about his relationship with comedy and how it shifted (20:47 )
- Check out Kyle’s upcoming Evolving Out Loud events: http://www.MrBz.com/KCwebsite
- Get on the Early Bird List for The Big Leap Experience: http://www.bigleappodcast.com/Apply