The Leading Change Model for healthcare transformation - Claire Edwards
Today’s guest is Claire Edwards is Founder of b.school4change and social movement #pledge4change and a purpose driven innovator promoting and supporting transformation within the healthcare.
On this episode, Claire discusses methods and techniques to simplify making change using the Leading Change Model and explains whey we should accept changes in healthcare as a necessary step to transforming the industry for the better.
The discussion tackles organisational change in the healthcare sector, how to embrace it, learn from it and adapt to it whilst reminding us not to over-plan, but to take action to get unstuck in well-worn pathways incrementally.
- We aren’t exactly taught how to change in business. The Leading Change Model helps facilitate that process and starts that necessary first ripple.
- You have to instil trust in organisations to guide them off the beaten track.
- Claire contends that the most important thing to do is to take action.
- Direction and implementation are two essential components of cultivating change within an organisation. Claire says finding a balance between desirability for the business and client will lead to strong implementation and direction.
- Change can be overwhelming, but embracing it and adapting is essential for organisational success.
- You should return after 90 days for feedback and assess whether a particular change was effective.
- Everyone has the responsibility of making the healthcare system better through incremental change.
Resources and links: