The Life-Changing Science of Detecting Bullshit with John Petrocelli • X57
We will learn:
- The causes and consequences of bullshit.
- How to spot the signs of bullshit.
- How to make better decisions for yourself.
Nowadays, it’s so difficult to decipher what’s truth, and what’s just a load of crap spewed to make a profit.
Unfortunately most people don’t have time to research and wade through the mountains of available information and so they trust what they’re told and hope for the best.
However, there are benefits to a healthy bit of skepticism.
It’s important to know what the stakes are on either side so you can make an informed decision.
It’s hard to question our own beliefs, but it always helps me see the bigger picture, or at least understand people better, even if my beliefs stay the same at the end of it all.
So today we’re going to learn to detect bullshit so you can more effectively make informed decisions.
Our guest is Dr. John V. Petrocelli, author and experimental social psychologist who researches, writes, and speaks about the science of communication and decision making.
Links from the episode:
- Show Notes: https://mindlove.com/x57
- Sign up for The Morning Mind Love for short daily notes from your highest self.
- Get Mind Love Premium for exclusive ad-free episodes and monthly meditations.
- Support Mind Love Sponsors
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.