The Mercosur Deal, Chimps, & Activism - Laura Kehoe
For episode 40, I had the pleasure to interview Laura Kehoe, an activist, scientist, conservationist - all the ists! She has done, and continues to do, so much for the planet, it's quite mind-blowing. She is a true inspiration and I know I say this about all my episodes, but I really can't wait for you to listen to this one. We cover a lot, it's listed below and you'll find links to campaigns & resources too. I hope you get something out of this, because I sure did.
Don't forget to rate, review, share, and if you can, please support this podcast on Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/bookofleaves) or Buy Me a Coffee (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/BOOKOFLEAVES). More on: http://bookofleavespodcast.com/
- [04:50 ] Laura's path to conservation & activism.
- [10:35 ] What it was like to work with chimps & how they're doing now (check out the talk Laura gave!).
- [15:10 ] The main issues threatening chimps.
- [18:05 ] Ways in which we can help them.
- [18:30 ] The work of Trees.org and what 400 Trees is about.
- [22:20 ] What is the Mercosur deal?
- [30:40 ] Having effective conversations with people about climate change, and experiencing burnout.
- [45:30 ] Managing the stress of fighting for a better world.
- [47:10 ] What can WE do regarding the Mercosur deal?
- [52:35 ] Green Santa.
- The Wild Chimpanzee Foundation.
- Jane Goodall's Roots & Shoots programme.
- 'Don't Tell Me What to Do' study.
- The More Beautiful World Our Hearts Know Is Possible book by Charles Eisenstein (available free online!).
- Extinction Rebellion.
- Animal Rebellion (Irish page).
- Here's a video Laura sent on to me about the eco food labels we were talking about.
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/bookofleaves.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.