The Nine Emeralds of Oz: a Conversation with Peter Guzzardi
You probably know the movie The Wizard of Oz. But have you ever considered Dorothy’s experiences as a classic Hero’s Journey story, replete with life lessons for all of us? Join me for my special guest today, Peter Guzzardi, to see what you can learn for yourself from Dorothy.
- How to choose compassion
- Walking your journey in community
- How help needs to get invited in
- Our personal "Glindas"
- The simple, but profound link between the concept of "home" and the meditative sound "ohm"
- How to use the Nine Emeralds as tools to make your problems get smaller and yourself get bigger
- Why confronting your fears directly makes them melt away
- A short reading from the book
Peter Guzzardi is a long-time book editor, who has worked with the likes of Stephen Hawking on A Brief History of Time, Deepak Chopra on fifteen books, Carol Burnett on two memoirs, Susan Cain on Quiet and Douglas Adams on his Hitchhiker novels.
After 40 years working with authors, Peter realized his life-long dream to publish his own book in May 2019, with the release of Emeralds of Oz: Life Lessons From Over the Rainbow.
Peter has been featured in Publishers Weekly and O, The Oprah Magazine.
Peter can be found at: https://peterguzzardi.com/
Laurie can be found at: https://thebacajourney.com/
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/wisdom-talk-radio/donations