The Only Way Out is Through It
We will learn:
- The dangers of burying our pain
- How to get clear on the stories that unconsciously drive our lives, and how psychedelics may help
- How to first align yourself so you can get to the root of your healing
“When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.”
I used to think this phrase meant, “No matter what life throws at me, I need to spin it to a positive.”
But this approach caused me to bury my pain way back in my mind, which didn’t make it go away. It was still there. Festering. Growing. Attracting things that would feed off of it.
When life gives you lemons, you don’t put them all in the back of the pantry so you don’t have to see the lemons… those lemons will make themselves known. They’ll rot, start to mold, and attract creatures that feed off the bacteria.
Just like using the lemons to make lemonade, we can work with our pain instead of burying or hiding it. We can find balance by asking ourselves what we need in this moment, to make our lived experience have a deeper meaning.
And there’s not just one way to transform the pain, or to explore it. Just like there’s a thousand lemon recipes, there are so many ways to move with our own pain, to help transform it into something better than we started with.
That’s what we’re talking about today. Our guest is Doug Cartwright, speaker, author, and the CEO and Founder of The Daily Shifts.
Links from the episode:
- Show Notes: https://mindlove.com/195
- Sign up for The Morning Mind Love for short daily notes from your highest self.
- Get Mind Love Premium for exclusive ad-free episodes and monthly meditations.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.