The Quest to Improve Quality: Auditing Low-Value Services
The ongoing quest to improve quality includes the auditing of low-value services. During the next episode of Talk Ten Tuesdays, Susan Gatehouse, founder and CEO for Axea Solutions, will report on areas to reduce wasteful spending on services with little to no clinical benefit – all in the name of improving quality of care.
According to most industry definitions, low-value care involves those services that are medically unnecessary and provide no health benefits to patients.
The live broadcast will also feature these other segments:
- Coding Report: Laurie Johnson, senior healthcare consultant with Revenue Cycle Solutions, LLC, will have the Talk Ten Tuesdays Coding Report, along with the broadcast’s weekly Listeners Survey.
- Tuesday Focus: HIM Professionals Engaging Physicians (Part IV): Rose Dunn will continue with her series on how health information management (HIM) professionals, using their existing skill sets, can enhance physician practices in the outpatient environment.
- News Desk: Timothy Powell, compliance expert and ICD10monitor national correspondent, will anchor the Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk.
- Developing Story: Nationally recognized professional coder, educator, and auditor Terry Fletcher will return to the broadcast to report on the continuing saga of the American Medical Association (AMA) versus the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), concerning the use of the prolonged care code 99417.
- TalkBack: Erica Remer, MD, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc. and Talk Ten Tuesdays co-host, will report on a subject that has caught her attention during her popular segment.