The Rising Ransomware Risks
Rinki Sethi; Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer for Twitter joins Ann Johnson for this conversation focused on the recent rise in cybercrime. Rinki was an Information Security Executive at IBM from 2018 to 2019 before joining Twitter in September 2020. She is responsible for protecting Twitter's information and technology assets and managing the company's continued product innovations in the security space. Rinki talks with Ann about the significant uptick in ransomware attacks, what she enjoys most about her career in cybersecurity, best practices when raising consumer awareness, and Twitter's approach to cybersecurity.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Rinki’s cybersecurity philosophy
- Best practices to apply when trying to keep your company and customers safe
- The challenges when readjusting data into a functional and quick risk management strategy
Some Questions We Ask:
- What are some best practices when raising consumer awareness?
- Do you believe ransomware attacks are rising or just becoming more high-profile?
- What guidance would you provide to organizations that lack sufficient protection against cyberattacks?
Listen to: Security Unlocked
Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.