The Rising Risks of Cybercrime
Amy Hogan-Burney, General Manager of Microsoft's Digital Crimes Unit, and former attorney at the U.S. Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation joins Ann Johnson to discuss how to address the leap in cyberattack sophistication seen in the new Microsoft Digital Defense Report, and the steps needed to establish new rules for cyberspace. As the leader of a global team of attorneys, investigators, engineers, and analysts Amy shares the strategic vantage point that these insights reveal about the increase of imposter domains attacking a variety of industries, and what guidance she has for organizations trying to protect themselves during a new wave of cyberattacks unlike any we have seen in the past.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- New global cybercrime trends
- Why we are seeing an increase in imposter domains
- How to keep data safe while employees continue to work remote
Some Questions We Ask:
- What can we learn from the latest digital defense report?
- Why are we seeing a shift to more phishing attacks?
- When should we start establishing new rules for cybersecurity?
Listen to: Security Unlocked
Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.