The Secret to True Rest
What’s keeping you from really resting?
Are you afraid of losing control or fear the job won’t get done without you? Or maybe you think you’re resting, but you fill your time with TV, reading or shopping and at the end of the day, you’re still tired? Take a second and think of your own reasons.
Whatever your answer, it’s easy to look at the word “rest” in our culture and think it’s never possible because we’re too busy, or that we don’t know how to truly unplug. In this week’s episode, Kristen White, Proverbs 31 staff member and wife of Pastor Kaleb White, will tackle the true reason why we should rest, and what God’s Word says about it.
In this episode, you will...
- Evaluate your priority of working versus resting by looking at the story of creation in Genesis and how it teaches us about how God prioritized rest.
- Understand the difference of working from rest instead of resting from work, and get a few ideas for how to creatively or mentally recharge when you need a break.
- Remember that the Sabbath isn’t a rule that keeps us from getting more work done, but a day set aside by God for us to rest and grow in our relationship with Him.
- Ready to start studying the Bible in a fresh way? Download our FREE First 5 mobile app and join us each weekday for a relevant, but challenging teaching on one chapter of the Bible at a time.
- Get biblical encouragement sent straight to your inbox every day AND stay up-to-date with all things happening at Proverbs 31 Ministries when you sign up for our free Encouragement for Today weekday devotions.
Click here to download the transcript of this episode.