The Secrets to Success from Hair of the Dog HQ
099 - This week, as we creep toward a major podcast milestone, I look back at both the humble beginnings and the happy evolution of Hair of the Dog.
What have I learned along the way that you can put to use in your own business? If you're a regular listener, the "secrets to success" won't entirely be a surprise. But I hope that framing these in a new way—and sharing a few thought-exercises to try—will help you move the ball forward with your own goals and dreams.
What To Listen For:
- The happy accident that set Nicole's photography business up for success
- A litmus test for your self-limiting beliefs—and the importance of the company you keep
- The 3 things you need to be a successful pet photographer
- Words of wisdom from Henry Ford, and Nicole's favorite quote
- The big difference between half-assing it and being 70% "good enough"
Friends, the #1 goal here at Hair of the Dog has always been to build community. I'm so thankful to you for making this what is today: an incredible group of people with a shared passion, all moving in the same direction. It's genuinely a joy to see all the friendships forged through pet photography, and the way HOD-ers lean on each other for feedback and support.
If you're not yet part of our nearly 900-member-strong membership Academy, note that the doors are open for *just* a few more days. We'd sure love to welcome you as part of our pack!
Resources From This Episode:
- Mini-Sessions in a Snap download (for Academy members)
- Ben Shirk Photography
- The Pillars of Pet Photography (a 6-part podcast series)
- Hair of the Dog Academy (Doors are OPEN! Sign up here before 9/9!!)
- Hair of the Dog Facebook group
- Hair of the Dog Elevate coaching program
Join our new and FREE COMMUNITY now!