The Senate Impeachment Trial & the Need to Refuse Fascism
This urgent discussion was recorded February 8, on the eve of Trump’s second impeachment trial. What actually happened on January 6 when a fascist mob stormed the Capitol? What does that, and everything that lead up to it, tell us about the danger of fascism in America? How does the impeachment trial fit into this picture? And how can people act act in a meaningful way in the interests of humanity at this unprecedented moment?
The discussion features:
- Eric Seitz, attorney, lecturer in Constitutional Law, University of Hawai’i
- Jared Yates Sexton, professor, writer & political analyst, author AMERICAN RULE: How a Nation Conquered the World but Failed Its People
- Paul Street, historian & journalist; author, The Hollow Resistance: Obama, Trump, and Politics of Appeasement
- Frances Fisher, actress and activist
- Sam Goldman, RefuseFascism.org Editorial Board, host of the Refuse Fascism podcast
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or @SamBGoldman.
Connect with the movement at RefuseFascism.org and support:
Music for this episode: Penny the Snitch by Ikebe Shakedown.
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/refuse-fascism/message