The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires Book Club
For this month’s book club we’re discussing The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendricks. This book came highly recommended by Grace’s mom and it definitely sparked some fun conversation. While this is not the type of book either of us typically pick up, we wanted something more fun to take some pressure off during quarantine.
The story follows Patricia Campbell, a southern housewife, who joins a true crime book club where she forms a tight knit group of female friends. When they discover that their neighbor, James Harris, is actually a vampire who is terrorizing the town and feeding on children, the women of the book club stand up to take matters into their own hands. Who ever thought a book club would end in cold-blooded murder?!
As always, we can’t wait to hear what you think in the Facebook group - let us know!
- Happy and You Know it by Laura Hankin
- Writers and Lovers by Lily King
- The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd
- My Best Friends Exorcism by Grady Hendricks
- A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy #1) by Deborah Harkness
- The Betrothed by Kiera Cass
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- Perfectly Famous By Emily Liebert
- The Lies We Told by Camilla Way
- The Boyfriend Project by Farrah Rochan
- The Art of Showing Up by Rachel Wilkerson Miller
- Coming Soon! Check instagram.
Podcast to Check Out!
- Skimm This: A weekly podcast unpacking the most complex news stories of the week. Tune in every Friday at 7a ET.
Join our FB group for amazing book recs & more!