The Sun's Benefits Are Way More than Vitamin D
In this podcast, we're going to talk about some really interesting benefits of sunlight that go beyond just vitamin D.
When the sun hits your skin, certain chemical reactions occur that generate vitamin D from the cholesterol in your skin. You actually need cholesterol to make vitamin D.
Health benefits of sunlight that go beyond vitamin D:
1. When the sun hits your skin and retinas, it can increase serotonin, which can potentially affect your mood.
2. The sun can reduce melatonin. Melatonin helps you sleep.
3. The heat and humidity from the sun may have the power to decrease viral loads.
4. UV has antibacterial effects.
5. The sun can increase resistance to infection.
6. The infrared wavelength of the sun can be great for wound healing and decreasing pain.
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, 51 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in weight loss through nutritional & natural methods. His private practice is located in Alexandria, Virginia. His clients include senior officials in the U.S. government & the Justice Department, ambassadors, medical doctors, high-level executives of prominent corporations, scientists, engineers, professors, and other clients from all walks of life. He is the author of The 7 Principles of Fat Burning.
DR. BERG'S SHOP: http://shop.drberg.com/
Follow us on FACEBOOK: fb.me/DrEricBerg
Send a Message to Dr. Berg and his team: https://www.messenger.com/t/drericberg
DR. BERG'S VIDEO BLOG: https://www.drberg.com/blog
ABOUT DR. BERG: https://www.drberg.com/dr-eric-berg/bio
DR. BERG'S STORY: https://www.drberg.com/dr-eric-berg/story
DR. BERG'S HEALTH COACHING TRAINING: https://www.drberg.com/weight-loss-coach
DR. BERG'S REVIEWS: https://www.drberg.com/reviews