The Voice in Our Head, Why It Matters, and How to Harness It with Ethan Kross • 224
We will learn:
- The costs of negative inner dialogue that go far beyond our ability to focus our attention.
- Surprising negative effects of sharing emotions.
- How our inner voice guides the mind and how to be more intentional about it.
Did you know, we spend one-third to one-half of our waking life not living in the present? We humans have a hard time being present. We have the habit of rumination. Thinking about things that can’t be changed or that haven’t happened yet. So that’s what we’re talking about today: The Voice in Our Head, Why It Matters, and How to Harness It.
Our guest is Ethan Kross, PhD, one of the world's leading experts on controlling the conscious mind, award-winning professor at the University of Michigan and the Ross School of Business, director of the Emotion & Self Control Laboratory, and author of Chatter: The Voice In Our Head, Why It Matters, and How to Harness It.
Links from the episode:
- Show Notes: https://mindlove.com/224
- Sign up for The Morning Mind Love for short daily notes from your highest self.
- Get Mind Love Premium for exclusive ad-free episodes and monthly meditations.
- Support Mind Love Sponsors
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.