Therapy & Theology: What Forgiveness Is and Isn't According to the Bible
A note from Proverbs 31 Ministries: This podcast contains content that might not be suitable for young children, and may serve as a trigger due to circumstances in your past. Please see the related resources section at the bottom of this page if you need help finding a counselor.
When we’ve been deeply hurt, whether by someone or by circumstances outside of our control, we often wonder if forgiveness is even possible. What if they never say they’re sorry? What if things will never feel “normal” again?
Lysa TerKeurst has wrestled with these questions, and she’s back with a four-episode installment of the popular series, Therapy & Theology, focusing on forgiveness, confession and codependency. Over the next four weeks, you’ll hear from Lysa, as well as Proverbs 31 Ministries Director of Theological Research Joel Muddamalle, and Jim Cress, Lysa’s personal, licensed professional counselor.
In this series, you will…
- Reconsider the misconceptions you've always believed about the forgiveness process by discovering seven truths about what forgiveness is and isn't that may surprise you.
- Let go of any bitterness holding you back from offering forgiveness to those who hurt you by understanding the necessity of daily confession.
- Find hope in the losses that are unchangeable or feel unforgivable by trusting in the character of God, even when you don’t understand what has been allowed by God.
- Recognize what codependency is and how it may be keeping you from setting the appropriate boundaries you need to ensure that you and your relationships are healthy.
- Discover what the Bible really says about forgiveness and the peace that comes from living it out with Lysa TerKeurst’s latest book, Forgiving What You Can’t Forget, available now!
- Ready to take the next step in finding a Christian counselor? Here’s a good place to find the right fit for you and your circumstances: the American Association of Christian Counselors.
Click here to download the transcript for today's episode.