Therapy & Theology: Why do I have trust issues?
Reading a passage of Scripture about trusting God is so easy, but actually living out trust isn’t so easy, right?
Trust is an important factor in all of our relationships. So when our trust gets broken with people, it often affects our trust in God. Lysa TerKeurst has gone through her own struggles with this, and that’s why she invited her personal, licensed professional counselor, Jim Cress, and Proverbs 31 Ministries director of theology, Joel Muddamalle, back to the podcast for another round of “Therapy & Theology” conversations.
In this episode of The Proverbs 31 Ministries Podcast, you’ll hear a conversation between Lysa, Jim and Joel where they unpack trust issues, what causes them and how we can learn to trust again.
- Gain confidence in God as you process your own trust issues by remembering that He remains faithful, even when we doubt.
- Learn how to fight the temptation to isolate yourself in the midst of distrust, and instead invite others into your pain in order to start healing.
- Discover that asking questions starting with, “Help me,” and “Show me,” are great tools to rebuilding trust with people and with God.
- Lysa TerKeurst’s latest Bible study, Trustworthy, releases November 12, 2019. In this 6-session study on 1 & 2 Kings, you can join Lysa in Israel via video as she honestly reveals the places of distrust in her own heart while exploring the deeply personal applicable Scriptures that will teach us how to truly trust God. Preorder your copy of the study through Proverbs 31 Ministries today!
- If you need help processing tough trust issues, we recommend finding a Christian counselor you can trust. The American Association of Christian Counselors is a resource you can trust to find the right counselor for your specific circumstances.
To download the transcript for this episode, click here.