Thinking About Writing a Book? Let's Discuss with Stacy Ennis
Episode #216. Whether you’re an entrepreneur, professional, or coach, writing a book is one of the most powerful ways to anchor in your authority. But…how??????? Just thinking of writing a book can feel daunting!
That is why I’m so excited to have Stacy Ennis join us in this week’s episode! Stacy breaks down her book development process and reveals the behind-the-scenes of what it takes to write a book. She also shares how she and her students have been able to leverage writing a book as an ‘entry ticket’ to more opportunities.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- Shifting to being a specialist helps you skyrocket
- Leveraging the book, launch, and have that momentum from a launch
- The most profound internal benefit: the journey of writing a book
- Writing a book can align with your business goals and vision
- Spend a good amount of time planning and thinking of a great book idea
- Have at least the seeds of a book idea that's worth exploring
- Be a couple of steps ahead of the person who needs the books you’re writing right now
“A book is like an entry ticket to so many opportunities: podcast interviews, keynote speaking, and other media opportunities. It's just so much easier to get in the door for the kind of things that you want to do when you have this credibility anchor of a book.”
“Don't worry about over-delivering value in a book. Keep more focused on what your one reader needs at the place that they are in their journey and write a book that is in and of itself powerful, profound, transformative, meaningful mindset shifting”
Mentioned on the show:
- Run Like Clockwork
- Profit First
- The 5 Second Rule
- We Should All Be Millionaires
Interested with Stacy’s Program?
More about Stacy:
Stacy Ennis is a best-selling author, coach, and speaker on a mission to help leaders clarify their ideas and harness their unique story to make an impact. Along with being the founder of Nonfiction Book School, an accelerated author program, her background includes ghostwriting for a Nobel Prize winner in medicine and leading as executive editor of Sam’s Club’s Healthy Living Made Simple, a publication that reached around 11 million readers. Her best-selling book, cowritten with Ron Price, is Growing Influence: A Story of How to Lead with Character, Expertise, and Impact. Learn more at www.stacyennis.com.