This Is A Voice Best Bits part 2 - Impostor Syndrome, The BREATH, the Creep Challenge & Daleks
This is part 2 of our Best Bits from the last 4 series of This Is A Voice podcasts!
We've got four glittering presents for you, beautifully wrapped under the tree.
1. Impostor Syndrome (S3 Ep1)
- the dictionary definition of imposter and why it isn't impostor syndrome
- different types of impostor syndrome by Valerie Young, based on the work of Clance and Imes. Which one are you?
- Why we recognise different types of imposter syndrome in our own lives
2. THE BREATH! (S3 Ep3) One of our most popular episodes
- Why the diaphragm isn't an animal
- Why we need breath for singing, and what happens when we think we don't
- And what the real function of breath is
3. Consonants, ventriloquism, Darci Lynne and Creep (S6 Ep6)
- Darci Lynne's video of singing Creep as a ventriloquist
- Which techniques she is using (Jeremy lists 6 different ones from the This Is A Voice Book chapter on ventriloquism and mimicry)
- Jeremy's lip-perfect version (check it out)
4. Change your Pitch, Change your Meaning (S6 Ep12)
- The research that triggered this episode (from UCL)
- Why you don't need to understand music to read the "notes" in this exercise
- Jeremy's four characters saying the same sentence - listen out for the dalek
Let us know which episodes you want to hear again.
My article, Seven Ways to Deal With Imposter Syndrome, is here https://vocalprocess.co.uk/7-ways-to-deal-with-imposter-syndrome/
Darci Lynne's full video of Creep is here https://youtu.be/KB-390oClpw
Our Creep Challenge is here! https://youtube.com/shorts/s2pcF4GvKTc?feature=share
All the exercises are in the chapter on Ventriloquism and Mimicry in our book
"This Is A Voice - 99 Exercises to Train, Project and Harness the Power of Your Voice" https://amzn.to/3uSw66c in the UK or
https://amzn.to/3EvCBS6 in the US
The pitch rise/fall patterns come from our Webinar on Pitch, Pace and Power - check out the free preview in the Learning Lounge here https://vocal-process-hub.teachable.com/courses/the-vocal-technique-learning-lounge/lectures/27906956
Get the One Minute Voice Warmup app here, it's got a 4.9star rating
Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.speechtools.warmup&hl=en_GB&pli=1
We've also got this! ↓
The 5 Days to Better Singing Teaching course online, with voice coaching techniques, vocal articulation exercises and a LOT more for the up-to-date singing teacher is here https://vocal-process-hub.teachable.com/p/5-days-to-better-singing-teaching
For the best self-guided learning check out the Vocal Process Learning Lounge - 16 years of vocal coaching resources (over 600 videos) for less than the price of one private singing lesson. Click and scroll down the page for the free previews
For real 1-1 attention on your own voice, book a voice coaching session in the singing studio with Jeremy or Gillyanne
If you want to discover if our singing teacher training programme works for YOU, message us - we can share the process for joining Cohort23.
Sign up for the Vocal Process newsletter https://vocalprocess.co.uk/build-your-own-tilting-larynx/
Check out our brand new Voice Journal, written with Rayvox's Oren Boder
Find us - follow us on the socials!
🐦 Twitter - https://twitter.com/Vocalprocess
📸 Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/vocalprocess
📖 Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/vocalprocess
#thisisavoice #vocalcoach #singingteacher #voice #vocalwarmup