This Messy and Beautiful Life with Danny-J
This week on the podcast I welcome, Danny-J, an award-winning entrepreneur, keynote speaker, podcast host and storyteller. Danny-J's work can be heard in her weekly show, The Best Life Podcast and can be followed in real time on all the social media platforms. She uses her real "Jerry Springer Life" stories to engage with her audience, teach life lessons and inspire others to rewrite their stories. And y’all, just wait until you hear some of her stories in this episode!
Danny-J shares her story of teen pregnancy and the decision to place her daughter for adoption, plus she details how she learned she had a biological father and met him many years later as an adult. It is so refreshing to hear honest and open stories of those in the personal development field. Danny-J shares how she processed everything and made it through to the other side. Plus, we talk about core beliefs and letting go of the ones that no longer serve you, changing negative self-talk and affirmations (are they actually bullshit or not?). Danny-J is totally, “my people” and I am excited to share our conversation with you today.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Danny-J’s teen pregnancy, the decision to place her child for adoption and reuniting with her many years later (7:13)
- Knowing when it’s time to rewrite your story and some steps to take to get there (20:04)
- Affirmations: are they really bullshit and how you may be able to use them, but don’t work by themselves (24:56)
- Finding the tools that work for you when life gets really messy (31:07)
- Danny-J’s story of finding out she had biological father, meeting him years later and how it has affected her life, her identity piece and the world around her (38:14)