Time is Money, Know Your History
Financial Wellness and Money Behavior
In this episode, herdacious host Lorelei chats with Eugenié George about the crossroads of finance and mental health. Eugenié teaches us what financial wellness is: Understanding our learned behaviors and current fiscal tools. As we begin to discover which financial strategies best suit our individual needs, Eugenié reminds us that, while we must always be economically conscious, our past doesn’t have to hold us back.
Host: Lorelei Gonzalez
Co-host: Eugenié George, MBA, CFEI
Eugenié George is a financial wellness specialist and author. A master at mindset, Eugenié teaches and coaches a wide range of individuals. Through research, practice, and creativity, taking the anxiety out of math and money, Eugenié has worked on a new way of financial wellness through her recent book Our Money Stories. When she’s not studying or working out, you can catch her watching an abnormal amount of dance choreography videos!
Things you will learn in this episode (chapter markers available):
- Types of money behaviors 4:15
- Disempowering messages 8:30
- Money-demographic relationship 10:02
- Negative effects of ACE study 15:30
- What is financial wellness? 19:30
- Begin your financial wellness path 23:30
- Challenges for women of color 28:20
- Femme fact: Audre Lorde 33:35
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- "The Color of Wealth" by Barbara Robles, Betsy Leondar-Wright, and Rose Brewer
- TedTalk by Dr. Burke Harris (ACE study)
- 8 Financial Wellness Dimensions (research study)
- Clever Girl Finance
- LatinX therapy (podcast)
- Brunch & Budget (podcast)
- “Power” by Audre Lorde
Link to show transcript here.
Looking for additional resources on this topic? Check out our blog “The Easy Budget Guide For Women”
For up to date information on HERdacity events, webinars, podcasts, and community activities, join our newsletter here.
Disclaimer: While we appreciate our sponsors' support in making this show possible, herdacious content is curated with integrity and honesty.
Support the show (http://herdacity.org/donate/)