Toolkit: Getting Back to “Normal”
The good news: things are starting to open back up. The bad news: it’s going to feel weird. Dr. Bob is joined by Lucy McBride and Craig Spencer for this toolkit all about how to navigate the "new normal." From taking off your mask in public to dealing with anxiety to navigating post-vaccine life with unvaccinated kids... this toolkit’s got something for everyone.
Follow Dr. Bob on Twitter @Bob_Wachter and check out In the Bubble’s new Twitter account @inthebubblepod.
Follow Craig Spencer @Craig_A_Spencer and Lucy McBride @drlucymcbride on Twitter.
Keep up with Andy in D.C. on Twitter @ASlavitt and Instagram @andyslavitt.
In the Bubble is supported in part by listeners like you. Become a member, get exclusive bonus content, ask questions, and get discounted merch at https://www.lemonadamedia.com/inthebubble/
Support the show by checking out our sponsors!
- Click this link for a list of current sponsors and discount codes for this show and all Lemonada shows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NEJFhcReE4ejw2Kw7ba8DVJ1xQLogPwA/view
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Here are the CDC’s latest guidelines for fully-vaccinated people: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html
- Read all of Craig’s Medium pieces, including the one about how things are about to get really weird: https://craig-a-spencer.medium.com/
- Check out Lucy’s opinion piece in The Washington Post about feeling anxiety over the end of the pandemic: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/03/09/weve-adjusted-pandemic-life-now-we-face-anxiety-leaving-it-behind/
- Here’s Lucy’s CNN opinion piece about taking her mask off with vaccinated patients: https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/30/opinions/secret-weapon-ending-pandemic-mcbride/index.html
- Read the collection of essays about emerging from the pandemic that Craig mentions in the episode: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/29/style/re-enter-society-after-covid.html
- Check out this Irish Times article on the University of Canterbury study about outdoor transmission that Lucy mentions: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/outdoor-transmission-accounts-for-0-1-of-state-s-covid-19-cases-1.4529036
- Learn more about Dr. Bob Wachter and the UCSF Department of Medicine here: https://medicine.ucsf.edu/
To follow along with a transcript and/or take notes for friends and family, go to www.lemonadamedia.com/show/in-the-bubble shortly after the air date.
Stay up to date with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia. For additional resources, information, and a transcript of the episode, visit lemonadamedia.com.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.