Toolkit: What We Know About Long COVID
Dr. Bob gets answers to your questions about long COVID from pulmonologist Lekshmi Santhosh and neurologist Jennifer Frontera. They cover who’s getting it, what treatments are available, why the vaccines seem to help some people, and much more on this Toolkit. Plus, Dr. Bob weighs in on the new CDC guidelines on masking.
Follow Dr. Bob on Twitter @Bob_Wachter and check out In the Bubble’s new Twitter account @inthebubblepod.
Follow Lekshmi Santhosh @LekshmiMD on Twitter.
Keep up with Andy in D.C. on Twitter @ASlavitt and Instagram @andyslavitt.
In the Bubble is supported in part by listeners like you. Become a member, get exclusive bonus content, ask questions, and get discounted merch at https://www.lemonadamedia.com/inthebubble/
Support the show by checking out our sponsors!
- Click this link for a list of current sponsors and discount codes for this show and all Lemonada shows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NEJFhcReE4ejw2Kw7ba8DVJ1xQLogPwA/view
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Here are the new CDC guidelines on masking that Dr. Bob talks about in today’s episode: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html
- Survivor Corps is a support group for COVID-19 survivors: https://www.survivorcorps.com/
- Body Politic is also a COVID-19 support group: https://www.wearebodypolitic.com/covid19
- Read about Akiko Iwasaki’s work on long Covid: https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/vaccines-long-covid
- Here’s article from The New York Times about regaining your senses of taste and smell that Lekshmi mentioned: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/26/well/live/covid-anosmia-smell-training.html
- Learn more about Dr. Bob Wachter and the UCSF Department of Medicine here: https://medicine.ucsf.edu/
To follow along with a transcript and/or take notes for friends and family, go to www.lemonadamedia.com/show/in-the-bubble shortly after the air date.
Stay up to date with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia. For additional resources, information, and a transcript of the episode, visit lemonadamedia.com.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.