Tourette Syndrome representation in film - with Jack RH O'Sullivan
Jack RH O'Sullivan is an award-winning independent filmmaker and film director based in London. He is autistic, has Tourette Syndrome and OCD. He has directed ten short films including “Tourettes & I”, a coming-of-age drama about his own experiences with Tourette’s. With this film, he intends to raise awareness about Tourette Syndrome, so others don't have to go through the tough childhood of bullying and misinformation he went through.
During this episode, you will hear Jack talk about:
- His late diagnosis of Tourette’s, autism, and OCD and how that affected his early life in school
- The negative and misleading depictions of Tourette’s in the media, and the authentic representation that “Tourettes & I” brings to the big screen
- Casting an actor with Tourette's in the film's lead role
- How the UK charity Tourettes Action supported the film
- The film's impact on audiences and at film festivals
Watch "Tourettes & I" for free starting on New Year’s Day 2023 at DarkSkyTV.com.
Support this podcast at BuyMeACoffee.com/Beyond6Seconds and get a shout-out on a future episode!
*Disclaimer: The views, guidance, opinions, and thoughts expressed in Beyond 6 Seconds episodes are solely mine and/or those of my guests, and do not necessarily represent those of my employer or other organizations.*