Trade Deadline Needs | Canadiens Connection ep 128
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- Rick and Joe briefly recap the week of game action for the Montreal Canadiens. Check out the comprehensive post-game reviews for every game at AllHabs.net.
- Carey Price named 1st star of the week by Joe in his weekly column.
- Roster news - Ben Chiarot had surgery on his right hand on Monday, he will miss 6-8 weeks. Paul Byron cleared waivers on Wednesday. Sean Burke participated in his first practice in his new role on Friday. Habs equipment manager Pierre Gervais recognized for 3000 games.
- Habs prospect report - Cole Caufield has been named Big Ten Player of the Year. Caufield scored game tying and game winning goals in semi-finals, but his Badgers lost to the Golden Gophers in the Big Ten championship on Tuesday. Frozen Four Regional participants to be selected on Sunday. Jordan Harris considering joining the Canadiens now that his NCAA season is done. Ryan Poehling heating up for the Rocket. Check out the Press Zone - Montreal.
- There have been new members of the Canadiens who have been key additions on the ice and as leaders, the guys react to comments from newcomers Corey Perry and Josh Anderson.
- With Ben Chiarot out of the lineup, the Canadiens have been forced to reconfigure their defensive pairings. Rick and Joe discuss how the new look pairings have performed and react to a clip from Shea Weber discussing the adjustments of playing with a new partner. Could the Habs make a move for some help on the blueline?
- Overtime losses continue to pile up for the Canadiens, with two more this week they are now 0-9 in extra time. The guys take a look at Dominique Ducharme's strategy for overtime and discuss slow starts.
Segment 2: GM: Stay the course!
- Marc Bergevin spoke to the media this week in his mid-season media availability. He discussed Chiarot's injury and whether he envisions making a trade to get a replacement for Chiarot, the cap, the team's prospects, playoffs and the changes to the team under Ducharme. Rick and Joe react to this media availability from the Habs GM.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- All Habs Fantasy Hockey update
- Social media reactions
- Listener's calls and text
Canadiens Connection On Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Get The Canadiens Connection!
Search for “Canadiens Connection” from Rocket Sports Radio on your favorite podcast app and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on apps including:
And don't be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!