Trans and autistic inclusion at work – with Nate Shalev
Nate Shalev is a leading expert and advisor on inclusivity helping to create workplace cultures where both businesses and people thrive. They were named a LinkedIn Top Voice and have been highlighted in the Harvard Business Review, the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and more. Nate earned a BA from Barnard College of Columbia University and an MA from New York University. They are the founder of Revel Impact, a consultancy that specializes in social impact and diversity, equity & inclusion.
During this episode, you will hear Nate talk about:
- How they realized that they are autistic
- The intersections between their transgender and autistic identities
- Some of the negative experiences they had at work, which led them to start their own business
- The training and advising they do at companies to help build inclusive practices and open up communications between managers and teams
- How to be a good ally to your trans and autistic coworkers
- Creating work systems that can benefit everyone
This episode is sponsored by Misfit Media: a podcast about queerness, disability, fatness and more with a focus on personal experience, knowledge and intracommunity topics. Tune in every Sunday for bite-sized episodes, in which the host Delta talks about all sorts of things ranging from being non-binary, neurodivergence or living in a fat body. Misfit Media is available at anchor.fm/misfitmedia and wherever you get your podcasts.
Support or sponsor this podcast at BuyMeACoffee.com/Beyond6Seconds!
*Disclaimer: The views, guidance, opinions, and thoughts expressed in Beyond 6 Seconds episodes are solely mine and/or those of my guests, and do not necessarily represent those of my employer or other organizations.*