Tue. 07/07 - The Selfless Inventor of the N95 Mask
The story of the man who invented the N95 mask. Birds in Canada have changed their tune in an unprecedented way that has stumped scientists. How to become a citizen scientist. The sixteenth century “reading machine” recreated by engineering students in 2018. And a new way to annoy your coworkers.
- Peter Tsai invented N95 masks. He's come out of retirement to join the covid-19 fight. (Washington Post)
- Sparrows are singing a new song, in a rapid, unprecedented shift (National Geographic)
- Bird Baby Shower (Ahlers Adam, Twitter)
- These Are Some of the Best Citizen Science Projects You Can Join With Just Your Phone or Laptop (Gizmodo)
- How Students Built a 16th-Century Engineer's Book-Reading Machine (Atlas Obscura)
- How to Rickroll Your Zoom Meeting (Gizmodo)