Turn Life into a Game + Habitica + Tyler Renelle + 008
- Tyler Renelle is the creator and co-founder of Habitica, an app that turns your everyday tasks and habits into a video game
- We talk about the road from an idea to the successful Kickstarter of Habitica
- Habitica is very complex, but uses strategies form games to ease users into creating new habits
- Many people claimed to hold the secret to effective habit-forming, but Habitica sampled from many different games to create something that fits a variety of people
- Tyler turns a bad World of Warcraft habit into the catalyst for self-improvement
- Google Deepmind and the curious way that games play a role in human progress
Share this Episode:
About +7 Intelligence
+7 Intelligence is the podcast about how games impact people.
Each episode explores a different perspective on how games profoundly influence the real world. Interviews with game designers, psychologists, professionals, and everyday players discuss the unique way that games influence their life and work.
Listen to the show:
Find the show online:
On Twitter: @7_Intelligence
On Facebook: @plus7intelligence
+7 Intelligence is a member of the Podglomerate network.