Two-Grass Of The Face
Lords this week:
- Craig was Jim's collaborator on Glittermitten Grove.
- Shannon does a lot of different stuff!
- @plentyofalcoves on Twitter.
- Strucci Movies. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh9DnjvObUcvvwrYbJ4-cLQ
- Hbomberguy. https://www.youtube.com/user/hbomberguy
- Struggle Sessions. http://www.strugglesession.us/
- Critical Bits. https://www.criticalbitcast.com/
- 2:51 What are the best attributes for a collaborator to have? The worst?
- 10:45 Craig's favourite language, Tok Pisin of Papua New Guinea.
- 18:17 TempleOS
- 31:28 Quill asks: "What's your first memory being exposed to a computer?"
- 35:30 Why faking one's non-existence might not be a great career move.
- 41:32 Re: media consumption- "there are no guilty pleasures"- do you agree?
- 49:26 Did you know that daytime soaps air a new episode every weekday? How is this possible?
- Every episode of Passions, on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu1cfjN6h09z6ssQcRwsJ8A/videos?view=0&sort=da&flow=grid
- Getting some emails in six weeks.
- Tweeting about a book about olives and getting in touch with the author and starting a podcast about olives.
- A dumb joke that you are taking very seriously.
- Creating one podcast episode per olive cultivar.
- Deciding that you'd rather work with people you like than talented people.
- The hypothetical coworker who is sufficiently good at their job that you put up with the death of everyone who enters the room with them.
- The origin of the 10x programmer myth.
- Never having met a 10x programmer, but having met a 10x QA tester.
- The 10x singer who sings at 10x the pitch of regular singers.
- Noodling vs. deliberate, thoughtful creation.
- Whether having rock stars in your rock band is worth all the trashed hotel rooms.
- A language derived from Australian sailor slang.
- Mouth grass.
- Trying to express a technical idea without using technical vocabulary.
- The correspondence between the simplicity of vocabulary and the speed of spoken language.
- Leaving space for audience participation.
- A language that isn't a big compost heap like English.
- English 2, where every single word is a swear word.
- Making an operating system because God told you to.
- Making a new operating system to talk to God because you don't trust MS-DOS.
- Whether talking to God has more or less stringent security requirements than a voting machine.
- Which mental illnesses make you a better programmer.
- Implementing Minesweeper in your new OS in case you get bored talking to God.
- The TempleOS indie game scene.
- The music video generator Jim is never going to make.
- Reconciling how you feel about a mentally ill asshole.
- Being very online and really into the N-word.
- Everyone loving your forum posts about weird bespoke operating system but being less into your race war posts.
- Art and technology paradropped in from an alternate timeline.
- Outsider art suspension bridges.
- A trash peninsula that no longer has any homeless encampments on it.
- Building a castle out of shopping carts and reclaimed concrete.
- The text adventure that they named the genre after.
- Dad bringing home an Amiga 500 and playing Marble Madness with you.
- Accidentally flood-filling the wrong place and getting really upset because you don't know about the undo button.
- The cool kid with the advanced Amiga 500 who becomes progressively less cool over time because his dad refuses to get a new computer.
- Seeing Doom and realizing that your beloved Amiga is done for, and Commodore going out of business later that year.
- Telling journalists that you don't exist when they approach you for an interview.
- Backing away from the ARG puzzle you're designing when you realize solving it would involve doxxing yourself.
- Building rapport with games journalists, but taking so long to make your next game that they've left the industry.
- The impossibility of building a fan following in video games after 2013.
- Wearing a ratty fake mustache for your Problematic Jim alter ego.
- Lying about how you made the horse talk.
- Trying and failing to preserve the mystery by giving a fake mundane answer.
- Finding value in a work while still being critical of it.
- Becoming the avatar of embarrassing pop music.
- Reclaiming "guilty pleasure" to mean something you enjoy by a problematic creator.
- Society shaming you more for liking Fall Out Buy than liking a Polanski film.
- What it would take to turn the average band into sex pests.
- Soap opera production schedules.
- Actors playing the same role for sixty years.
- Not watching The Simpsons or South Park any more, but figuring that South Park must be holding up better because nobody is posting embarrassing clips of it on Twitter.
- Your creative voice ossifying in the 90s and having to write in that voice for the rest of your life.
- Remaining in the Garfield mines for the rest of your life when Garfield's legacy of shitposts is already secure.
- Hoping that "goodbye" in Tok Pisin is a transliteration of "see you in hell."
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store