U.N. General Assembly Recap
Last week, world leaders arrived in New York for the U.N. General Assembly’s High-Level meetings. They debated the response to Russia’s continued full-scale invasion of Ukraine, made some progress on sustainable development, and considered how to regulate artificial intelligence.
Returning to the show to discuss what we learned from the U.N.’s High-Level week is Richard Gowan. Richard is U.N. Director at the International Crisis Group, an independent organization working to prevent wars and shape policies that will build a more peaceful world.
- Richard Gowan (@RichardGowan1)
- Paras Shah (@pshah518)
- Richard’s Just Security article recapping UNGA 78
- Just Security’s U.N. General Assembly coverage
- Just Security’s Russia-Ukraine war coverage
- Just Security’s climate change coverage
- Just Security’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) coverage
- Music: “The Parade” by “Hey Pluto!” from Uppbeat: https://uppbeat.io/t/hey-pluto/the-parade (License code: 36B6ODD7Y6ODZ3BX)
- Music: “Hypotheticals” by “AK” from Uppbeat: https://uppbeat.io/t/ak/hypothetical (License code: ZYWSWAROJNPTCX30)