U.S. Congressman Thomas Massie on How Congress *Really* Works
Mike talks with Rep. Thomas Massie, who represents Kentucky’s 4th Congressional District. Massie attended MIT, where he earned a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and a Master’s in Mechanical Engineering. Prior to serving in Congress, he was an inventor, an entrepreneur, and Judge Executive of Lewis County, Kentucky. In Congress, he serves on the House Committee on Transportation & Infrastructure and the Committee on Oversight and Reform.
Topics Mike & Rep. Massie discuss include:
- how members of Congress have to ‘buy’ seats on committees
- why the minority party in the House is irrelevant
- Congress’ abdication of responsibility
- the political pressure to weaken Congress’ ability to do its job
- why Rep. Massie would be in favor of repealing the 17th Amendment
- what Rep. Massie would change about the House and the Senate
- and lots more!
Follow Rep. Massie on Twitter