UVC: Alex Felix from CoinFund on effective token distribution strategies, embracing non-consensus viewpoints, and his strong conviction in Crypto's future
In this episode you will learn:
- What led Alex Felix from being a national ski champion to a career in finance and venture capital?
- How is private equity different from venture capital according to Alex?
- How did Coin Fund start? How do crypto VC firms design their support system?
- How do crypto companies tackle the challenge of composability?
- What does effective token distribution mean for crypto companies?
- How do you develop a non-consensus viewpoint in venture? Does a non-consensus viewpoint need to become a consensus viewpoint for success?
- Why is Alex so convinced about crypto?
- How might crypto-based solutions enable better alignment of incentives between platform participants and the platform itself?
Alex Felix is Chief Investment Officer and Managing Partner at CoinFund. CoinFund founded in 2015 and headquartered in New York City and Miami is a cryptonative investment firm and registered investment advisor. Prior to CoinFund, Alex was in Private Equity and worked at America Capital, Bank of America, RBS and Guggenheim Partners.