UVC: Chandan Deep from B Capital Group on key areas of focus for B Capital's operating team, on how she measure success in her role & strategies startups can employ to thrive during tough times
In this episode you will learn:
- What were the motivations behind Chandan's career pivots from consulting to working at Twitter and then joining B Capital?
- What are the key areas of focus for B Capital's operating team, and how do they provide value to portfolio companies?
- How does B Capital proactively identify potential crises and provide support to their portfolio companies?
- How does Chandan measure success in her role?
- How can startups minimize poor decisions, especially in a challenging environment?
- What are some strategies startups can employ to thrive during tough times?
- How should startups approach fundraising during such a period?
Chandan Deep is the Vice President of Strategy and Operations on B Capital Group’s Platform team covering India and South East Asia. Chandan has a passion to build and operationalise businesses within the tech space and partners closely with founders of BCap’s portfolio companies to help them scale.
Prior to B Capital, Chandan launched and grew Twitter’s commercial operations in emerging markets for Asia Pacific as the company commenced it’s monetisation journey post IPO. She also spent several years in management consulting with Accenture and the Boston Consulting Group. A keen champion of women in tech, she seeks to actively mentors young professionals and has previously led Twitter’s women chapter in Asia and co-founded Connected Women, a leadership forum to bring together women across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Airbnb & Google.
Chandan earned a B.A. in Economics from the Shri Ram College of Commerce and an M.B.A. from Faculty of Management Studies in Delhi. Raised in India, she now lives in Singapore with her husband and her two sons. She enjoys good food, design, décor and fitness.