UVC: Valerie Van Vu from Ansible Ventures on overcoming doubters during her fund-raising journey, the three Cs she is bringing to the Vietnam startup ecosystem, and their strategy for bridging global networks & knowledge to Vietnam
In this episode you will learn:
- Does Ansible Ventures only invest in seasoned entrepreneurs, or would it also invest in first-time founders?
- What is Ansible Ventures' positioning and how does it aim to bridge global networks and knowledge to Vietnam?
- Did Valerie face doubters while raising her fund, and how did she deal with them?
- What are Valerie's areas of interest in terms of investments and why?
- What is the current state of consumer internet in Vietnam and why is it attractive for investment?
- How does FinTech relate to e-commerce in Vietnam and what are some challenges in investing in FinTech?
- What are the three Cs that Valerie is bringing to the Vietnam startup ecosystem, and how is she using content creation through her TikTok channel and podcast to change the perception of startups and venture capital in Vietnam, and reach a wider audience?
- What is Valerie doing to build a community and bridge the gap between Vietnam and the Vietnamese diaspora?
- What motivates the interest of overseas Vietnamese and people of Vietnamese origin in building startups and contributing to their home country?
Valerie founded Ansible Ventures, a seed fund dedicated to Vietnam in 2022. Previously, she served as Vietnam Country Head for Venturra Capital, where she led over a dozen investments from 2020 to early 2022. From 2016 to 2019, she worked at Deloitte U.S. as a senior consultant where she advised hedge funds, private equity funds and other investment management clients. Valerie graduated magna cum laude in 2016 from Temple University’s Fox School of Business with a major in accounting and is a Certified Public Accountant licensed in Pennsylvania. She also founded Career Opportunities in Vietnam (COVN), providing advice to aspiring professionals and co-hosted Forward Vietnam Podcast.