Uncovering the Legacies of Nordic Colonialism with Lill-Ann Körber
Listen to this podcast if you want to hear more about:
- The North Atlantic Islands of Greenland, Iceland and the Faroe Islands;
- Denmark-Norway colonialism in the modern-day Caribbean and Ghana and its legacies;
- The Greenlandic flag, 'Erfalasorput', and how it is used to respond to the Danish flag, the 'Dannebrog';
- Contemporary cultural and political debates on racism, including about: Is Scandinavian ‘colourblindness’ a good thing?;
- Breaking down the perception of the Nordics as innocent or exceptional.
Join the editor of nordics.info, Nicola Witcombe on her fifth virtual visit around the Nordic countries in the podcast series The Nordics Uncovered: Critical Voices from the Region. The sixth in the series is with Cathie Jo Martin, Professor in Political Science at the Boston University.
More information about the podcast can be found on nordics.info.
Sound credits : freesound.org, including Lapping Waves.wav by Benboncan, and Short dance by szegvari.
Support the show (http://www.nordics.info)