Understanding Employee Engagement with Jacqueline Throop-Robinson
What does it take to become passionate about your work? How do you transfer that passion to your team? Jacqueline Throop-Robinson has spent years researching this topic to get to the heart of employee engagement. What she found is that it’s not enough to have meaning in your work. People also need to have a sense of progress. Jacqueline is the founder of Spark Engagement Inc., a global analytics company in Human Resources focusing on employee engagement and best-selling author of Fire Up Your Team: 50 Ways for Leaders to Connect, Collaborate and Create with their Teams (2013). She has found there are 21 drivers of employee engagement. She suggests that it’s not the leaders’ job to make their teams passionate. However, they need to challenge them to find that passion.
This episode is brought to you by…
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- The 15 Commitments of Conscious Leadership: A New Paradigm for Sustainable Success by Jim Dethmer, Diana Chapman, Kaley Klemp
- Fire Up Your Team: 50 Ways for Leaders to Connect, Collaborate and Create with Their Teams by Jacqueline Throop-Robinson
- Connect with Jacqueline Throop-Robinson:
Related Podcast Episodes:
- The Leader’s Role in Employee Engagement with Michael Lee Stallard.
- Creating Culture – Lessons from Chick-fil-a with Steve Robinson.
- Eat, Sleep, Work, Repeat with Bruce Daisley.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/