Understanding mRNA. Conversations with Moderna and Arcturus Therapeutics
Get ready for two insightful interviews about mRNA, an innovative technology that is revolutionizing vaccines and may help in the current global pandemic. We ask two of the leaders in the space: What is the future for mRNA?
In today’s episode, ARK Analyst, Alexandra Urman, interviews Stéphane Bancel and Joseph Payne, CEOs of Moderna and Arcturus Therapeutics respectively about mRNA technology and its possibilities for the future. We discuss how mRNA can be used as a vaccine to combat SARS-CoV-2, its benefits, challenges, intellectual property landscape, and how it can be used for oncology and rare diseases. ARK believes the genomic revolution is underway with the potential to change healthcare and improve people’s lives. This episode helps educate our audience on how we can achieve a better future and discusses the role of mRNA. Tune in to listen for more!
“A single shot is absolutely essential to progress these types of technologies forward, it increases compliance, it increases convenience, and it helps accelerate our path to herd immunity.” – Joe Payne.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why mRNA was able to be used to create a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine so quickly
- How long it would have taken to get mRNA vaccines approved without the pandemic
- Why lipid nanoparticles may be the best form of delivery for mRNA vaccines and other therapeutics
- The safety of mRNA therapeutics
- The importance of cellular vs. humoral responses for vaccines
- The ability of current vaccines to work against new variants
- Vaccine hesitancy and distribution
- mRNA challenges and benefits
- Intellectual landscape for mRNA
- One dose SARS-CoV-2 vaccines and what to expect from them