United Way Agencies Serving During COVID-19
To say COVID was a disruption in 2020 is an understatement. Nonprofits were at the forefront of relief efforts as they continued to serve the most vulnerable and underserved people in their communities.
COVID-19 brought challenges
· Food distribution, especially school children
· Helping families that are having difficulty paying rent and utilities
· Nonprofit agencies stepped up
· Brought attention to lack of broadband in rural communities
· Fundraising efforts were derailed, nonprofits had to find new ways to raise money
· Volunteer opportunities were hindered
Join us next time as we continue to highlight why South Georgia is a great place to live, work, and play.
Thanks to our sponsor Smalltown Broadcasting and WDDQ, home of the Scott James Matheson Show, where you can listen to live from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m., Monday through Friday on Talk 92.1 http://talk921.com/ or through the TuneIn app https://tunein.com/radio/Talk-921
South Georgia Insider is produced by Spencer Van Horn, Smalltown Broadcasting.
Follow us on: