Using Innovation And Incubation In Your Business
How often do you step out of the day-to-day of your small business and take a deeper look at the challenges you are facing?
Join us as host Mary McCarthy talks to Christian Billman, Senior Incubation Manager for Business Strategy with Alliance Data about Innovation and how Alliance Data takes the concept for a new product or service from the idea phase to launch. In his role, Christian works with many startup businesses and sees many small and micro businesses as great disruptors in the marketplace.
“And we just talk about what is keeping you awake at night. What are the things that, man, if there was a challenge you could fix, what would that be… It’s really stepping out of the day-to-day, stepping out of the way that you are focused on delivering to your customer and just saying, what are other things that we could be doing to making things work better for you?” ~ Christian Billman
What You Will Learn:
- The differences between Innovation and Incubation
- The advantage small businesses have over bigger businesses to learn from their customers
- The steps to take before adding a new product or service to your business
Thank you to The Successful Micropreneur podcast sponsor Liberty National Bank Expect the Best®
Liberty National Bank has six locations to help you: Ada, Bellefontaine, Bellefontaine South, Kenton, Marysville, Westerville
About our Guest Christian Billman:
- Senior Incubation Manager for Business Strategy
- Alliance Data
- Contact Alliance Data: (214) 494-3000
About our Host Mary McCarthy
- Host, The Successful Micropreneur Podcast
- CEO, YMT Consultants
- Co-Founder of the Women’s Small Business Accelerator, Inc.
Mary McCarthy is the President of YMT Consultants, an entrepreneurial consulting and training firm in the Columbus, Ohio area. It focuses on one-on-one work with microbusiness owners (businesses with 20 or fewer employees, including the solopreneur), assisting them to monetize and create systems for their small businesses.